Moving Checklist – Boys Vs Girls
Most people who are relocating alone are probably the ones heading towards studies or initial phase of work. When moving alone, you may don’t have to carry everything from your home.
Preparing to move to another location is where people tend to confuse or feel overwhelmed to choose right things to carry along with them.
Here, I have made a separate list of things (both boys and girls) to be carried along with them.
If you are a boy, things are not complex here. Actually, you need fewer things than a girl’s need.
1. Formal Dresses
– If you’re at the school level, packing at least 2 sets of uniforms becomes a must. If you’re at college, or just started your carrier, you should carry at least 4-5 sets of formal pants and trousers. Formal dresses will not be denied anywhere. So carrying them with you will be beneficial.
– Apart from uniforms, girls usually don’t have many restrictions on dressing until it’s well-mannered. Carry some pajamas, salwars, tops, and matching leggings with you.
2. Night Dresses
– Pack a minimum of 2 sets of light cotton T-shirts, Shorts, and Full track pants. You may also consider cotton boxers, as they occupy considerably less space and offer more comfort for sleeping.
– 2 sets of nightshirts and pants. You may carry cotton nighties.
– Packing at least 7 sets of top and bottom innerwear is necessary. You may feel lazy to wash them often. So it’s better to have stock for the entire week.
– Same as boys, girls too need full stock for the full week. Pack 7 pieces of bras, and 7 pieces of panties.
4. Personal Electronics
Mobile phones, laptops, headphones, etc are common. You could carry these things along with you in a backpack.
Let’s get into specifics.
For Boys –
Don’t let your lovable gaming console in your home if you an option to take it with you. Apart from it, don’t forget to reserve a place for your beard trimmer or shaver. Taking these along with you will keep you groomed, and you can actually save some money you about to spend on grooming.
For Girls –
If you are habitual in drying your hair using hair dryers, reserve space for it. It will be useful when you are in short of time for grooming.
As common, take a power bank with your to keep your mobile phone live. You don’t have to depend on power sockets if you are sharing your living place with more than one roommate.
5. Protective wears
Protective wears like raincoats, jerkins, and even gloves are essential for both boys and girls who are moving to a place where heavy monsoon or cold climate as common.
– Raincoat, riding jacket (If you ride motorcycles often), and a helmet.
– Raincoat with hood and lower rain cover (Looks like over pants).
Carrying extra footwear is always a better idea.
– one pair of running shoes, formal shoes, flip-flops, and a casual sandals set (you use for casual wearing).
– A pair of easy wearable cut-shoes, one set of casual sandals, and a pair of flip-flops.
This is where you can note a substantial difference between the list of boys and girls.
– Bathing soap, face scrub, set of combs, hair shampoo (preferably in bottles rather than sachets), and sunscreen lotion (If you are moving to cities recording high temperatures)
– Soap or body wash, Shampoo and conditioner, skin moisturizers, hair tie bands, and sanitary napkins.
If you’re going through any type of medical condition and taking regular medicines, it’s better to buy in bulk from your current city. You may not get the exact medicine in the new city you are intended to move to.
Even if you are healthy, carrying some common medicines like Paracetamol, and other essential medications for safety.
Don’t rush during packing. Try to fold the clothes neatly. Neatly folded clothes use to occupy less space. Always remember this checklist right before packing.
Finally, have enough money in the form of cash. You cannot use digital money everywhere.
Got a gross idea on the moving checklist for boys Vs girls? Share it with your friend who is planning to move to other location alone!